Welcome to the other Life of Riley.

This is our world. And you are welcome to it. Just be sure to take your shoes off at the door.

Monday, October 18, 2010

shut the front door!!!

Guess how much all of this cost me at Target today? Seriously, guess.















Fine. It was a total of .77 cents. It kind of made me want to slap someone.

Here's how it went down:
Glade candles: On sale today for $1.99, buy 5, get a $5 gift card.
Target online coupon $2/3
coupons.com $1.50/2
allyou.com 20% off of any glade purchase ( I just checked and saw lots of glade coupons, but this one was from Saturday)
So basically free-ish (not sure exactly)

Nivea for Men Body Wash:
On sale at Target for $3.04
Sunday P&G (Procter and Gamble) insert coupon $3/1
Total = .04 cents
Dude. Really??

Bic Razors:
On sale at Target for $3.29
Sunday P&G insert coupon $2/1
Target coupon $1/1
Total = .29 cents

Vaseline lotion:
On sale at Target for $2.69
Target online coupon .50/1
Sunday P&G coupon $2/1
Total = .19 cents

Other big fat deals from today:
Quaker Oats (18 count):
On sale for $2.50 at Target (small boxes are on sale for $2.50 at Safeway)
$2/1 coupon I shared on facebook
total - .50 cents
That makes breakfast around .03 cents a day, or if you're Tucker, .09 cents. I almost feel sad for Target.


And if that's not bad (good?) enough, check out this piece of work....


Do you see this? $2 off of fresh cut fruit. The cost of the fruit is $1.99. Target totally owes me a penny.
I actually thought it would be funny to show a manager. He wasn't amused.

By the way, it's always a good idea to warn the check out boy or girl that you have a thousand million coupons before you start making their head spin around on its own. And say it loud enough for the person next in line to hear you, so they can make that split second decision to make a run for it before they get trapped in your time warp. Or, if you're me, turn directly around and warn them yourself. It's the right thing to do. More often than not, at least for me, they want to see the show. And, at least for me, it's almost always a man and his girl. And the man almost always starts out curious, and then as he watches each $10 go by, he starts to count out loud. And then a little countdown party starts. And then he starts nodding his head in disbelief. And this is where it gets weird. This is the part where the man asks his girl why she isn't doing this? I mean, what's stopping her anyway? And then his girl stands up a little straighter, and I can see her eyes get all scary, and she (her hands are on her hips, by the way) starts to hiss a speech on the whys and hows of the time demands on her life and then she starts to sound a lot like Charlie Brown's teacher. And this is where I get to make my great escape, because frankly, I don't have time to counsel them through this. I have got to get to Costco. Okay, that part only happened once. Whatever.

I just wanted to show you this.

Oh look. Cilantro.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you like Glade candles. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My house smells like Fall, and it probably will till Spring. :)

    ReplyDelete